Crime Details as on : 29 September 2020
- 28 September 2020 On Sep 28 around 3 pm, acting on a tip off, Police rushed to Rynjah Rngi, Shillong, apprehended two persons, namely, (1) Ashok Chettri and (2) Milon Chakraborty, and recovered / seized one soap case containing 10.04 grams of yellowish orange powder suspected to be heroin from the possession of Ashok Chettri. On their leading, Police conducted search at the residence of Ashok Chettri and recovered 5.04 grams of suspected heroin from the room of Milon Chakraborty. Further, on the lead of Milon Chakraborty, Police apprehended one Ajay Baruah from his residence at Mylliem (EKH).
- 27 September 2020 Shri R Kylla of Umsning village (RB) lodged a complaint that on Sep 27 around 11 pm, one Phin Khongwar of Nongthymmai Umsning (RB) assaulted his family members and also threatened them with dire consequences.
- 27 September 2020 Shri Sohan Bahadur Thapa lodged a complaint that on Sep 27 night, unknown miscreants stole his motorcycle (number not furnished) which was parked near DGAR at Lower Nongrimmaw Block-A, Laitumkhrah, Shillong.
- 25 September 2020 Shri Badan Hazarika, Senior Branch Manager, Punjab National Bank, Khliehriat Branch (EJH) lodged a complaint that on Sep 25 around 3 am, the security alarm went off and alerted the officials staying nearby were alerted. During inspection, grill gate of the strong room housing cash locker was found broken. Later, it transpired that the alarm was activated when unknown miscreants attempted to break into the cash room with intention to commit theft.
- 25 September 2020 Shri A Jhunjhunwala of M/s Woven Sack Manufacturing Unit, Amjok Byrnihat (RB) lodged a complaint that on Sep 25, one Tapash Bera took Rs 70,000/- with a promise to bring him fourteen workers to work in the factory. However, the complainant found that on the next day (Sep 26), Tapash Bera left for Kolkata by flight without informing him.