East Garo Hills, Williamnagar
- The East Garo Hills District with the head quarters at Williamnagar was created in the year 1976 and started functioning as a full fledged District in 1977. It has a total area of 630 sq kms and a population of more tan 2.6 lakhs. There are two Sub-Division, namely, Williamnagar Sadar Sub-Division and Resubelpara Civil Sub-Division.
- The District Executive Force of East Garo Hills comprises 3 Police Stations at Williamnagar, Rongjeng and Mendipathar, 5 police Out Posts at Mangsang, Kharkutta, Dainadubi, Resubelpara and Bajengdoba. 1(one) permanent Anti-Dacoity Camp has been established at Adokgre on the Megbalaya Assam border for checking inter-state crime and 4(four) other temporary anti-dacoity camps at Songsak, Dagal, Rongmil and Dobu are set up to contain the movement of the underground cadres as well as high way robberies.
- A new police Reserve complex has been set up at Samgonggre, Williamnagar where six blocks of 6(six) Units L/S Quarters and 1(one) Block of four Units U/S Quarters for the staff have been constructed. The Williamnagar Police Reserve Office was shifted on 22/10/2007 to the new office building complex at Samgonggre.
- All the Police Stations have been provided with l mini Truck, l BP Van and l Light vehicle each, while all the Out Posts and AD Camps have been provided with 1 Light vehicle each for easy mobility and prompt action.
- A small MT workshop at Williamnagar caters to the maintenance works of the police vehicles in the District including those of Fire Services.
- All police Units in the District are linked with the district Head Quarters through HF/VHF channels. Since regular telecommunication facilities are lacking in the District, the MPRO is rendering an excellent service by keeping the police units in touch with one another. This enables the concerned officers to taken prompt and effective action to meet any situation.
- The District also has 3(three) Fire Service Station at Williamnagar, Rongjeng and Mendipathar.
- The position regarding availability of administrative buildings is quite satisfactory and all the police Units are functioning from departmental buildings except Nengkhra CP and 2(two) temporary anti-dacoity camps at Songsak Rongmil, Dobu, Dagal and Adokgre. The accommodation available for the force personnel is almost 80 %.
- On an avenge, the entire District has a total registration about 150 to 160 cases every year including 35 % to 40% militancy related cases.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 24-11-2017