Crime Details as on : 27 February 2020
- 25 February 2020 On Feb. 25, personnel of F-Coy, 123 Bn., BSF, intercepted some unidentified miscreants while they were herding cattle meant to be smuggled to Bangladesh at Ryngku-Mawsynram Road (East Khasi Hills). However, on seeing the BSF personnel, the miscreants fled away. Later, BSF personnel recovered five head of cattle from the PO.
- 25 February 2020 On Feb. 25 evening, Magistrate accompanied by Police conducted surprise checking and detected thirteen trucks (1) ML-10B-7697, (2) AS-01GC-9321, (3) ML-10B-8665, (4) NL-01N-9429, (5) ML-05T-7315, (6) AS-01JC-1172, (7) ML-10B-6115, (8) ML-05T-8359, (9) AS-01FC-5057, (10) ML-10-0907, (11) NL-01AD-6354, (12) NL-04D-6995 and (13) AS-01FC-9749) which were transporting coal in violation of NGT order at Muthlong village (East Jaintia Hills).
- 25 February 2020 On Feb. 25 around 6 pm, acting on input, Police detected and detained three trucks (1) AS-11AC-8287, (2) AS-10C-2404 and (3) ML-04C-3295 at Wapung Shnong Petrol Pump (East Jaintia Hills), while transporting coal in violation of NGT order.
- 24 February 2020 Smt. Riio Siangshai lodged a complaint that on Feb. 24 between 11 am and 12 noon, unknown miscreant(s) broke into her house at Moolang village (EJH) and stole cash Rs. 3,70,000/-, gold ornaments and valuable documents, total valued around Rs. 10,75,000/-.
- 24 February 2020 On Feb. 24 at about 7.30 am, Police recovered one unidentified female dead body from the roadside at Ratacherra village, NH-06 (East Jaintia Hills). Necessary formalities were observed and the cadaver sent to CHC Khliehriat for PM examination.
- 24 February 2020 Smt. Sunita Kharsati lodged a complaint that on Feb. 24 circa 4 pm, five unidentified persons in a Bolero pick-up vehicle, attempted to abduct her daughter from Dong Mission, Mawryngkneng (East Khasi Hills)
- 24 February 2020 Lt. Col. Vijay Chand of HQ, DGAR lodged a complaint that on Feb. 24 around 2 pm, unknown miscreant(s) stole his Bicycle valued around Rs. 18,000/- from his residence at DGAR, Laitkor (East Khasi Hills)
- 24 February 2020 Shri Babul Goala lodged a complaint that on Feb. 24 at about 9.20 pm, unidentified miscreants stopped his vehicle (ML-05J-3676) at Mattilang Park, 7th Mile, Upper Shillong and assaulted him and other occupants of the vehicle.
- 21 February 2020 Shri Wahidur Rahman Khan lodged a complaint that on the night of Feb. 21, unknown miscreant(s) stole forty-eight batteries from Airtel Tower at Byndihati village (East Jaintia Hills)
- 13 February 2020 Smt. Arti Risa Wahlang, proprietor of M/s Arti Enterprise lodged a complaint that on Feb. 13, one Darshan B Vora of Mumbai, impersonated himself as the proprietor of Shreeji Impex and cheated her of Rs. 2,57,250/- in a deal to supply goods [face masks]. Till date the abovementioned person has neither deliver the goods nor return the money.