Comparative crime data under Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act on women & children
during the years 2001-2012(upto January)
|No of cases reported during the years|
|No. of Victim rescued during the years|
References and the list of Arrested Persons in connection with Immoral Traffic Cases
- (a) Phenbilis, (b) Suzie Lyngdoh, (c) Margarette Wahlang, (d) Kenet Wahlang vide Madanriting PS Case No. 4(1)2002 U/S 366(A)IPC
- Smti Annu Sunar @ Biswa of Jhalupara vide Lumdiengjri PS Case No.24(3)2003 U/S 5 of I.T.P Act
- Smti Ayesha Khatoon @ Pahari, Age 32 Years Vide Lumdiengjri P.S. Case No.44(5)2004 U/S 5(1)(a)(d) Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act
- Md. Rafique Uddin of village Uttar Bariknagar, Silchar, Assam vide Shillong Sadar PS Case No. 92(7)2005 U/S 5(a)(b)(c) Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act
- Smti. Victoris Myrthong @ Bik and Shri. Zakir Hussain Mistry @ Zia vide Rynjah PS Case No. 51(8)2006 U/S 51(1)(a)(b)Immoral Traffic Prevention Act
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act during the year 2006 :
Rynjah PS Case No. 51(8)2006 U/S 5(1)(a)(b) IT(P) ACT
1) Brief of the Case :-
Smti. Blidian Marwein of Mawpat village lodged an FIR to the Superintendent of Police, Shillong that on 23rd Aug,2006 and the same was sent to O/C Rynjah PS, on 24th Aug, 2006, to the effect that Smti. Bik took her daughter Miss Istalin Marwein, age- 21 years and her friend Smti. Shasha Nongsiej of Mawkyrwat to work in Smti. Bik’s house at Kolkata. But Smti. Bik took both the girls to Mumbai from Kolkata. Smti. Blidian Marwein got information on 22nd Aug,2006 that her daughter along with her friend are in a brothel at Mira Road, Mumbai. Hence this case is registered.
2) Arrest & custodial status of accused :
- Smti. Victoris Myrthong @ Bik was arrested on 30th Aug,2006 from Andheri West, Mumbai. Later on she was brought to Shillong by Meghalaya Police and forwarded to Court.
- Shri. Zakir Hussain Mistry @ Zia was arrested on 30th Aug,2006 from Mira Road, Mumbai and brought to Shillong by Meghalaya Police. He was then forwarded to Shillong Court and till date he is in Judicial custody.
- Smti. Victoris Myrthong @ Bik – Released on Bail by Court.
Zakir Hussain Mistry @ Zia
3) Reunion of victims with family :
Both the girl were handed over to the complainant on 4th Sept,2006 at Shillong after observing all formalities.
C/S No.4 dated 20th Feb, 2007 U/S 5(1)(a)(b) IT(P) Act submitted at the court of ADM Shillong on 20th Feb, 2007 against Smti. Victoris Mary Myrthong and Shri. Zakir Hussain.
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act during the year 2007 :
1.Mawlai P.S Case No. 28(05)2007 U/S 3 /4 and 5 of Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
During interrogation on 29.4.2007 (Sunday), it reveals that some prostitution business is going on in the rented house of Smti Trissina Lyngdoh, Marshyllong since last one month. Further Smti Quetifull Lyngdoh Marshyllong and Miss Barisha Lyngdoh Lympuin admitted during interrogation that both of them went to Iewduh to make a phone call where Miss Barisha Lyngdoh Lympuin met her boy friend namely Shri Krishna who is a truck helper at Garikhana and she along with her friend Smti Quetifull Lyngdoh Marshyllong boarded the truck along with Shri Krishna and three other persons one of them known as Raju and proceeded upto Mawlai old GS Road at about 9:00 PM, where both of them had beer and boys had taken liquor. Later on Miss Barisha had sex with Shri Krishna and Smti Quetifull Lyngdoh Marshyllong had sex with Raju at their own will and both of them were dropped to their place the next morning.
While questioning regarding the incident, Miss Barisha Lyngdoh Lympuin admitted that she had sex with Shri Anup Dorji at her own will and question of rape does not arise. During interrogation Shri Anup Dorji admitted that he had sex with Miss Barisha Lyngdoh Lympuin on that very night at her own will. On going through all the aspect, the above mentioned case has been registered and O/C Mawlai PS has been directed to take up the investigation of the case as he is the Special Police Officer for Mawlai PS jurisdiction empowered to investigate Immoral Traffic (P) Act related cases as notified vide Government Notification No.HPL/52/78/105-A, dated 1.6.2005. The investigation of the case is on.
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act during the year 2008 :
- Shillong Sadar PS Case No. 135(7)2008 U/S 5 I.T.P. Act. - Victim 13 years girl
Accused – Shri Raju Sangma of Poice Bazar, 40 yrs and Smti Uphara Asia of Rynjah, Demseiniong, 30 yrs
FF is being submitted shortly.
- Laitumkhra PS Case No. 41(7)2008 U/S 5 I.T.P. Act.
Investigation of the case has already been completed
Accused - Shri Vijay Singh @ Arian S/o Mongul Singh of Goralane, Laitumkhrah, Shillong
- Khiehriat P.s Case No 13(07)08 U/S 5 of Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act
Accused - Smti Hira Devi of New Hill Jowai and Shri Md Moinul of Silchar
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act during the year 2009 :
- Lumdiengjri P.S Case No. 64(9)2009 U/S 3 /4 of Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
Agens Khashiing President CSWO lodged a complaint at Lumdiengjri PS that on September, 24th 2009 Smti Rahiton Begum was apprehended by the members of Hynniewtrep People National Rights Movement Council (HPNRMC) from Sterling Restaurant Motphran Shillong.
- Rynjah P.S Case No. 77(10)2009 U/S 5 of Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
Agnes Kharshiing President CSWO lodged a complaint at Rynjah PS that 4(four) persons namely Shri Raju Mathan, Shri Moni Rai, Smti Awmata Mathon and Shri Bulbul Rai sold two women namely (1) Nanilin Lyngdoh Nonglait and Smti Sharilin Lyngdoh of Bangladesh Colony SHillong to a brothel at Silchar. However, both manage to escape.
Immoral Traffic (Prevention) Act during the year 2010 :
- Sadar P.S Case No. 102(5)2010 U/S 366 (A) IPC R/W 5 of Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
Smti Kynshewlin Snaitang lodged a complaint at Shillong Sadar P.S that on May 23 Smti Agnes Kharshiing President CSWO apprehended her daughter viz., Smti Phyllienlin Syiemlieh while she was indulging in sexual act with Shri Ann from inside the Anjalee Cinema Hall, Shillong. Later Smti Phyllienlin Syiemlieh reveal before the Child Welfare Committee that she was force to flesh trade by 3(three) persons viz., (1) Shri Syiemlieh (2) Shri M. Snaitang and Smti Iti Lyngdoh in Mawsynram, Rajaju, Lawbah, Nongjri and Shillong city while another person viz. Lung Shangdiar used to pay her Rs 1500/- per month.
- Phulbari P.S Case No. 31(4)2010 U/S 4 of Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
Smti Monju Mohanto lodged a complaint (Apr. 13) at Phulbari P.S that four women, viz., (1) Halima Babi (2) Aimona Babi, (3) Joimona Babi and (4) Laily Begum are operating an illegal business of prostitution at Daspara village (WGH). This refers to Phulbari P.S Case No. 31(4)10 u/s 4 Prevention of Immoral Traffic Act. During investigation, Police arrested the above named accused persons.
- Sadar P.S Case No. 234(11)2010 U/S 5 of Immoral Traffic Prevention Act.
On 24.11.2010 @ 8.00 pm acting on source information that some girl were involved in flesh trade with some customer at Rajasthan hotel Police Bazar, Shillong, a raid was conducted in the said Hotel by SI S.A Sangma of special cell along with the staff of women police station and three girl and the manager of the hotel were apprehended. All of them were arrested and forwarded to judicial custody.