Crime Details as on 24 February 2017
- 23 February 2017 - On Feb. 23 around 8 am, unknown miscreant(s) stole one car tape, School bag and a pen drive from vehicle (ML-05B-9440) belonging to Shri Frederick M Shangpliang parked at Lummawrie, Shillong.
- 23 February 2017 - Md. Dildar Hussain lodged a complaint that on Feb. 23, he transported twenty cattle from 20th Mile, Baridua in a truck along with a labourer, however, on reaching at 12th Mile Toll Plaza (RB) unidentified miscreants assaulted his labourer and forcibly took the cattle laden truck to Umling and abandoned it after stealing four numbers of cattle from the truck.
- 23 February 2017 - On the night of Feb. 23, Police detected and seized two coal laden trucks (AS-01FG-7995 & AS-01DD-0386) at Byrnihat (RB) while transporting coal without challans.
- 23 February 2017 - On Feb. 23 morning, villagers of Dkhiah East recovered one unidentified female dead body at NH-44, Dkhiah East (WJH). Police observed the formalities and sent the Cadaver to CH Khliehriat for PM examination.
- 22 February 2017 - Shri Anop Singh lodged a complaint that on Feb. 22 around noon, one unidentified lady who went to this residence at Fancy Valley, Tura (WGH) to collect donations stole his cell phone.
- 22 February 2017 - On Feb. 22 around 6.30 am, unknown miscreant(s) stole one car tape and accessories from vehicle (ML-05G-9064) belonging to Shri Ronnie Macdonald Nongbri parked at Malki, Nongshiliang, Shillong.
- 22 February 2017 - On Feb. 22 around 8.39 pm, acting on inputs, personnel of Special Cell, DEF, Jowai (WJH) arrested two persons viz., Felix Bthuh and Rudy Sutnga from Jowai and recovered seized (1) six tobacco tins containing a total of 7 grams of suspected heroin, (2) six empty vials, (2) two syringes, (3) three cell phones and (4) Rs. 4900/- from their possession.
- 22 February 2017 - Shri Dinus Thongni lodged a complaint that on the night of Feb. 22, unknown miscreants broke into his shop at Upper New Nongstoin (WKH) and stole eighteen vehicle batteries valued around Rs. 1 lakh.
- 21 February 2017 - On Feb. 21 around 5.30 pm, one betel nut laden Mahindra Pik-up (ML-08D-9792) driven by Md. Amitul Miah (22 yrs) met with an accident at Chillipara Nokat (SWGH). As a result, the driver died on the spot, while two occupants sustained injuries and were removed to CHC Ampati. PM examination was conducted on the cadaver and other necessary formalities were observed.
- 17 February 2017 - On Feb. 17 around 6 pm, one Mahindra Pik-up (ML-08C-5572) knocked down one Sonuddin Sheik (15 yrs) at Hallidayganj (WGH). As a result, the victim sustained injuries and was referred to Solace Hospital, Goalpara, Assam. However, the victim died on the way.
- 26 January 2017 - Shri Goojin Ch Sangma, Nokma, Domapara village (SWGH) and Shri Solen D Shira and others lodged a complaint that on Jan. 26, 2017 one Shri Dingjan R Sangma ( 51 yrs) sustained pellet injuries below his left eye, which was shot by unknown miscreant(s) while he was in the kitchen of his residence at Domapara village. Victim was removed to PHC, Zikzak for treatment. Police recovered and seized one country made empty cartridges and threads from the PO and two SBML guns belonging to villagers suspected to be involved in the case.