Juvenile Guidance Bureau
The Bureau will perform the following functions :-
- Advising and guiding the local Police in the investigation of Juvenile crime when necessary.
- Guiding the local Police in the enforcement of social legislations pertaining to Juvenile delinquency.
- Coordinating the efforts of the local police in dealing with the cases of pre-delinquents and delinquents, socially handicapped Juvenile and victimized children.
- Co-ordinating the work of the various juvenile aid police units or similar organizations throughout the State.
- Keeping liaison with the Social Welfare Institutions (Government, quasi-Government and Private) and devising ways and means for the prevention of juvenile delinquency).
- Taking up study of subjects concerned with juvenile delinquency as per directions of the Government or the Director General & Inspector General of Police.
- Dealing with matters relating to the kidnapping and maiming of children for the purpose of begging.
Back To Previous Page | Page last updated date: 16-08-2017